Top 20 Signs that Your Outbound Prospecting Rep is a Freaking Rockstar
Every now and then, you come across an outbound prospecting rep who displays qualities that makes him/her a true champion.
- Your rep is at his/her desk in the morning on the phone before you (the manager) get in.
- He/she is quick to lend a helping hand to a teammate if they are struggling with something.
- At the end of the day, you see a to-do list for the following day siting on his/her desk.
- He/she makes every attempt possible to read-up and become an expert in his/her space (without letting research distract them from their daily goals/metrics).
- If he/she is having a bad day (productivity-wise) your rep talks to you about it, he/she doesn’t neglect it and act like it’s not a big deal.
- When you walk by his/her desk, Facebook is VERY rarely up on the screen.
- The number of connections your rep has on LinkedIn increases by at least five every week, and they are all people who are relevant to your business.
- If your outbound prospector is calling into a different time zone, they have NO problem adjusting their work schedule to accommodate.
- In your daily kickoff meeting/end of week retrospective, your rep is always alert and adding to the conversation.
- When you give your rep some constructive criticism, they don’t FREAK out, but rather take your advice and apply it without fail.
- Your rep engages with the sales rep that he/she is supporting everyday — whether it’s by phone or email.
- If the the sale rep misses an appointment that is set for them, your rep gets heated because they worked so hard to set it up.
- Your outbound prospector is a member of at least five groups on LinkedIn that is relevant to your business.
- He/she is known for making referrals for open positions at your company — and the candidates are quality.
- You never hear him/her complaining about using the sales automation tool. In fact, he/she loves it because it keeps them buttoned up.
- Your rep accepts that he/she is working at an expansion-stage company and that things change. He/she is agile, not rigid.
- Before your rep leaves for vacation, he/she makes sure that everything is covered/set in motion in his/her absence.
- During call times, your rep completely closes outlook so that he/she can focus on the task at hand — getting prospects live on the phone.
- Your rep makes the absolute most out of all leads that are given to him/her, and takes no prospect for granted.
- When your rep is doing something, and it proves to be successful, he/she shares the idea with the team.
What other traits would you add to this list? GET CREATIVE! Anything that you disagree with on the list?