How to be a Virtual Assistant – Why Hire a Virtual Assistant?
To continue with my series concerning How to be a Virtual Assistant, today I would like to discuss why you should hire a virtual assistant. In a world where the new buzz term is “The Cloud”, we are beginning to realize that work can be done from anywhere in the world (as long as there is a stable internet connection!).
Virtual Assistants have been working remotely from their home offices for years. They are small business entrepreneurs who are highly skilled in assisting management teams and existing support staff for all types of companies. Your operational support team does not necessarily need to work in house. Here are the reasons why:
- You are a small business that does not have the capital to hire a full time assistant but you do need help
- You do not have the time to set up your business travel
- You need someone to assist with your online marketing strategy but it is not a full time position
- You need an assistant to manage emails and your calendar
- You need to create and edit correspondence
- You need an assistant to manage your social media marketing such as your LinkedIn and Twitter accounts
These are just a few reasons why you should consider hiring a virtual assistant. Furthermore, keep in mind they are their own small business and should be treated as such.
In my next post, I will talk about the various pay scales for virtual assistants. The scales are mainly based on skill level, experience and particular job description.
Also, if you haven’t already, please sign up for our weekly newsletter “Viewing Value” where we collect and disseminate the best new ideas targeted at senior managers of expansion stage technology companies.